Giraffe Bottle™ Hands Free Drinking
The Giraffe Bottle™ Hands Free Drinking Solution allows users with various abilities to stay hydrated. The system is designed to be adaptive to the user, flexible, and easy to use. The solution is great for desks, wheelchairs, beds, tables, and more. Each Giraffe Bottle comes with a 750ml/25oz Tritan bottle, lid with polypropylene seal, cap, flexible neck, drinking tube, check valve (to prevent liquid from flowing back into the bottle), and a stainless steel nylon-tipped cleaning brush.
How It Works
With the bottle lid unscrewed (so you can put your drink in), the flexible neck assembly screws into the lid spout. The optional adjustable bottle holder comes with instructions and a hex tool. Using the tool, adjust the clamp so that it fits onto your wheelchair, bed-frame, or any comparable fixture you would like the bottle holder to be attached.
One of the Giraffe Bottle's unique features is the inclusion of a check valve. With the check valve in place, your drink won't retreat back into the bottle after taking a sip. For those with limited lung function, keeping liquid primed and at-the-ready makes staying hydrated a breeze. If the check valve isn't necessary for your application then simply unscrew the neck, remove the check valve, and it's that easy!
- Bottle and Lid
- Neck Assembly
- Drinking Tube
- Check Valve
- Cleaning Brush
We recommend replacing the drinking tube and check valve monthly with daily use and routine cleaning, and the cleaning brush every 3 months. The neck assembly replacement schedule will vary depending on the length configuration of your neck and your abilitiy to keep the whole assembly clean. We recommend replacing the neck, on average, every 8 months. If you bottle has a longer neck, it might require replacement more frequently for bottle hygiene and function.
Features and Recommendations
- Entire system is FDA compliant, BPA free, and phthalates free.
- Each component is easily replaceable.
- Available in various neck lengths from 15 inches to 36 inches
- All components are dishwasher safe (although hand washing is recommended for the drinking tube and check valve)
- With the attached cap, the neck and tube can be removed and the bottle used as a standard drink bottle, put into the refrigerator, or available as a spare bottle ready to use.
- Clear bottle with ml and oz markings for hydration monitoring, easy to see when the bottle needs to be refilled or replaced.
- Check valve prevents liquid from flowing back into the bottle, so subsequent sips require less effort.
- Maximum recommended operating temperature: 185F/85C